If you are reading this, you probably just got an unsightly scratch on your car’s paint. Like most people, you are probably not a scratch wizard or a bodywork specialist
It is can be quite expensive to repair car scratches.
There Are Two Ways You Can Get a Scratch Repair Job Done
- Hire a professional to repair the car scratches and damages. This can cost you a lot of money.
- Do the repairs yourself. There are many DIY kits available in the market. Using the traditional DIY methods and getting near professional results is not as easy as it looks – especially if you don’t have any prior experience doing it. There is also a learning curve attached – You have to learn the techniques to get the job done successfully.
Remember unlike a professional, you don’t have the luxury of experience, or the means for trying out different options.
Your car is probably not something you would want to experiment and practice on.
What Is The Best Way To Repair A Car Scratch Yourself?
The most important thing when it comes to repairing car scratches is to have it done as soon as possible. But sometimes, you may not even notice the damage for many days after it happens.
Now, irrespective of when you noticed it, you must take steps to get the damage repaired as soon as you can.
As a first step, calculate the severity of the scratch. You don’t need to use any expensive tools or equipment to do this. Simply run your finger across the damaged area and use your fingernail to try to determine how deep the scratch is.
The effort required to remove the scratch would depend on the severity of it. You may either be able easily get rid of it or it may take quite some effort.
Time To Decide – The Traditional approach or The Best Way To Repair Your Scratch
Next you need to decide whether you really want to spend time to learn and do the work necessary to repair the scratch – and it does take a bit of work.
If you want to save the trouble and time you are going to spend in doing all the work together, there is a much easier way to quickly get rid of car scratches. In my opinion, this is the easiest and the most innovative solution to repair scratches, stone chips or any minor damages to your vehicle. It’s called AutoStickerOriginal, and you can read more about it on the company website here: https://www.autostickeroriginal.co.uk/
If you want to continue learning about how to fix the damage yourself, read on.
A good car scratch repair approach for light damages, especially to the clear coat is to use a polish thinner or some acetone. Rub this on the area in small circular motion until it is no longer visible. If you need to, continue the application until the scratch completely disappears.
Then use a polishing compound to completely get rid of the scratch.
On the other hand, if the damage is deeper, you will have a harder time doing the car scratch repair.
Follow the steps listed below if the scratch is more severe:
- Wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water to eliminate any dust, grime or grease. Now let it dry completely.
- Use of shoe polish on the area. Use black for red-colored cars, and white for dark-colored ones.
- Get a coarse sandpaper (1500 grit) and proceed to sand the area to break it down. If necessary, use a scuffing pad too to further break down the affected area and prepare it for new paint.
- Using a brush, remove the dust produced by the sanding.
- Put body compound to repair the deep car scratches.
- Next, add a few coats of to the affected area using a brush or pen provided as part of your DIY kit.
- Apply touch-up paint using the specialized brush and let it dry. Use thin layers of paint.
- After the paint is dry (It can take up to a couple of days – depending on the weather), apply a new layer of clear coat. Replacement clear coat usually comes in an aerosol can, and can be sprayed directly onto the vehicle.
There you have it now. All you need to do is the follow the steps above to repair car scratches.
So, Is There Really An Easier Way To Repair Car Scratches? You Bet, There Is:
If you want to achieve better results faster, there is a great product available in the market today that can help you get much better results with your scratch repair. The best part is, it takes just a few minutes to get a professional looking job done.
You can remove both large and small scratches from your vehicle with this scratch repair kit.
You can use the special accessories provided to complete the scratch repair job like a real professional – in just a few seconds.
- Gently polish the spot where the scratch is located. Ensure the spot is clean and free of filth.
- Choose the right car paint repair sticker (it uses real car paint) from the sheet, and cut it in the desired shape using the razor-sharp knife (provided with the kit).
- Gently push the sticker exactly on the right place using the tweezers (provided with the kit).
- Firmly press the surface of the sticker on the paint
That’s it. Your car scratch repair job is done. It can’t get easier than this. Just head over to the company website given above to learn more.